Multiple Myeloma Sault Ste Marie Support Group
We are a community-based group for people affected by Myeloma serving Sault Ste Marie and the Algoma District.
Our purpose is to break isolation, provide mutual support and to give myeloma survivors and their loved ones the support and information they need to live better, longer, stronger lives. We do this through education, encouragement and socialization with others living with the disease.
Our mission is to provide local support, information, and advocacy in a confidential and caring environment while supporting the objectives of Myeloma Canada. In collaboration with the Algoma District Cancer Program of the Sault Area Hospital, we provide information to newly diagnosed patients as well as a circle of mutual support from those who are further along in their journey with myeloma. From patients, caregivers, family and friends we learn how to live with this disease.
- Information about myeloma including available treatment options
- Opportunities for patients and caregivers to share personal experiences and information
- Help to patients and caregivers so they can become better advocates of their own healthcare
- Meetings alternating between informal ’share and care’ networking and educational
- Individualized one-on-one support
- Connecting individuals with common interests/needs
- Transition after treatment ends
- Guest speakers to help educate and increase understanding of topics such as bone health, nutrition, clinical trials, new treatments, coping strategies, etc.
If multiple myeloma is affecting your life, you do not have to feel alone. There are others sharing a similar journey. We invite you to join us as we share support, comfort, information and friendship in a confidential, caring and positive environment.
For more information contact:
Marion Bentley, Co-Chair
Tel: (705) 941-1799 mobile
Maggie Ralph, Co-Chair
Tel: (705) 575-0208 home
Tel: (705) 542-1199 mobile
facebook group: Multiple Myeloma Sault Ste Marie Support Group