InfoSessions & Webinars
Myeloma Canada offers InfoSessions and online Webinars for individuals affected by myeloma.
Each year Myeloma Canada hosts InfoSessions for patients, their families and healthcare professionals, featuring guest speakers from the medical community in cities across Canada. InfoSessions are generally half-day sessions held in smaller cities and address many aspects of living with myeloma including treatment options, interpretation of blood tests, management of side effects, new myeloma therapies and updates on the Myeloma Canada Research Network. Over the past 10 years, Myeloma Canada has presented 40 InfoSessions, from St John’s, NL to Victoria, BC and cities in between.
To further maximize and strengthen our community outreach, Myeloma Canada offered live webcasts for those who could not attend an InfoSession in person. The recorded InfoSessions are available on Myeloma Canada’s YouTube Channel.
The 2018 Myeloma Canada InfoSessions will be held in the following cities:
- Oshawa, Ontario - January 21
- Gatineau, Quebec - February 24
- Sudbury, Ontario - March 10
- Moncton, New Brunswick - March 24
- Prince George, British Columbia - August 31
- Rimouski, Quebec - September 14 (Meeting in French)
- Sydney, Nova Scotia - September 22
- Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Whitehorse, Yukon
In 2017, Myeloma Canada introduced an online webinar series available throughout the year, each covering a relevant and useful topic. Short webinar sessions offer an alternative approach to reach patients and caregivers, allowing them to login remotely, while taking into consideration their valuable time.
- Latest Myeloma Research Updates from the ASH 2017 Meeting View Recording
- Managing Side Effects (Presenter: Cindy Manchulenko) View Recording
- The Best of ASH 2016: What Patients and Caregivers Need to Know View Recording
- The Drug Approval Process in Canada, and How You Can Help Accelerate Access View Recording